It can be frustrating that sometimes you can work so hard at losing weight or maintaining weight but no matter what you try, you can’t seem to lose weight. When it comes to losing weight there are a lot of things involved, which sometimes turns the whole weight loss journey into a very complicated one. There are so many reasons why when someone tries to shed off weight nothing seems to happen and sometimes they might actually be gaining more. Some people lose weight easily while some have to work extra hard just to shed off a few pounds.
Reasons why you should lose weight.
It is very important for you to weigh the correct weight for your body. People often take it for grunted and hide behind the whole “love yourself the way you are” charade. Yes, self-love is important, but there are some flaws that we should not condone. Flaws that affect our health that we can change should be worked on so that our bodies can function fully and effectively. Below are some of the reasons why one should consider losing weight if they are not the right weight for their body.
- Losing weight increases confidence. Harvard University conducted a study that showed that, individuals became more confident after losing the weight they had set to lose. This is because a sense of achievement that is instilled by losing weight makes one feel invisible. Especially because of the fact that, losing weight is a cumbersome task.
- Risk of becoming diabetic is highly reduced. Diabetes can be caused by being over-weight. This is because the cells in the body become resistant to the salutary action of insulin due to the stress that is imposed on the insides of individual cells. When these cells are overwhelmed with too many nutrients to digest they send a signal for insulin to be released which eventually leads to insulin resistance.
- The heart becomes more efficient. When losing weight, the exercises that one engages in helps to bring down its heartbeat rate, this results in it working less.
- One becomes less prone to cancer. Obesity is now linked to 13 different types of cancer. Experts believe that this is because of the inflammation caused by visceral fat in the cells.
- One will have less joint pains as there will be less body weight being exerted on the joints.
- People’s perception of an individual will improve. Over-weight people generally face a stigma, people often view them as undisciplined when it comes to food choices. When an individual loses weight, the people around tend to applaud the accomplishment of overcoming a weakness.
- Food will taste better.
- Natural immunity improves.
- Metabolism improves.
- Quality of sleep improves.
How to calculate your appropriate weight.
Just because a person doesn’t have a bulging stomach or thunder thighs it doesn’t mean they are the correct weight. It is essential that you know your appropriate weight range so that you are able to maintain the right weight for your body to function at its best. To know one’s ideal body weight, it can be calculated by using the body mass index (BMI). The BMI is calculated by dividing your weight in Kilograms by your height in meters. If you are underweight, you will score less than 18, 5, if you are the normal weight you will score between 18, 5 and 24, 9. If you are overweight then you will score between 25 and 29.9. If you are obese, you will score above 30. However, this calculation excludes bone, muscle and fat proportions. Athletes and bodybuilders that have more muscle than fat may not be appropriate for this method because muscle is four times denser than fat tissue. In this case, they can use the following calculation;
Men: Ideal Body Weight (kg) = [Height (cm) – 100] – ([Height (cm) – 100] x 10%)
Women: Ideal Body Weight (kg) = [Height (cm) – 100] + ([Height (cm) – 100] x 15%).
Reasons why you may be failing to lose weight.
If you are already aware that you are overweight and you have been trying out all sorts of things like weight loss pills, weight loss diet plans, weight loss programs, and weight loss exercises but nothing seems to be really working for you, there may be medical reasons behind the failure to achieve their weight goal. However, it does not mean there are no solutions to this problem. Some of the reasons why people may fail to lose weight may include;
- Eating too few calories or too many.
- Focusing too much on dieting which may deprive the body of food.
- Not exercising enough or exercising too much.
- Not including resistance training in weight loss program.
- Choosing low fat or diet foods.
- Not eating enough protein and fiber.
- An under lying medical issue like low thyroid activity or slow metabolism.
- Not keeping track of what one eats.
- Not consulting a health professional’s advice.
- Not reading food labels when buying food.
5 effective and easy ways to lose weight.
- See a health professional. Most people take this for granted but seeing a dietician or a doctor can really help to save a lot of time and money before wasting it going down the wrong route. Getting an evaluation of one’s body by a doctor and then being prescribed a specific diet for them by a dietician can help achieve the desired result faster. For instance, if a person has an underlying medical condition such as low thyroid activity, they are most likely to struggle to lose and maintain weight. A doctor or a dietician can help solve the underlying medical condition, allowing the person to shed off weight effectively.
- Understanding food labels. If you have never bothered to take time to understand all that information at the back of food packaging, you might want to make some time to understand it. Things like ingredients and nutritional value are essential to understanding while on the weight loss journey. Not all “diet” food is good for weight loss. It is essential to watch out for those artificial sugars that are now present in a lot of food products. If one wants to lose weight faster, they should stick to natural sugar, artificial sugars will just slow down the weight loss journey.
- Food is not the enemy, eat up! Most people get it wrong when it comes to dieting. Going on a diet does not mean starving the body and eating potions of food fit for a five-year-old. Starving the body may result in craving more for carbs and a lot of frustration that will release the hormone cortisol which will boost those sugar and carbs cravings. Picking whole foods and staying as far away as possible from processed foods can help speed up weight loss. Having more fruits and vegetables to load up on fiber can increase satiety. Eating lots of protein too especially lean proteins like fish and seafood helps build muscle. Drinking lots of water and having a glass of water an hour before meals will help with controlling eating potions. Avoiding soft drinks and fruit juice can help reduce the intake of artificial sugar! If one is thirsty, drinking water will help lose weight faster! One should also pick foods that are friendly for metabolism, like foods high in calcium, magnesium, and iron. Also adding chili, garlic, and ginger to food can speed up metabolism making weight loss easier. Food should be prepared with extra virgin oil. Cutting down portions drastically doesn’t give long-term results. Instead, practicing mindful eating can help to tell when the gut is full.
- Starting resistance training. Resistance training such as body-building and weight-lifting builds more muscle in the body. Running from your house to the corner of the street and then doing a few other exercises like sit-ups and squats, it’s not enough. It is important to keep in mind that, muscle tissue burns more calories than fat tissue.
- Avoid weighing too often. One of the things we fail to resist when we are eager to lose weight is to give the scale a break. Weighing oneself every day and not seeing the desired result on the scale can discourage and stress an individual. Earlier on it was mentioned that cortisol is an enemy to losing weight. Avoiding being stressed or frustrated by measuring weight too often can assist in losing weight more effectively. To lose weight effectively, peace of mind is important. One should be happier and be more kind to themselves. It’s even better to stay away from the scale entirely throughout the whole journey.
Weight loss can be achieved as long you stay on course and follow healthy guidelines for losing weight. Below is a bonus recommendation that is highly effective and can be combined with the above methods for guaranteed and effective weight loss.
Ketosis for faster weight loss.
So what is the big hype about the often talked about keto-diet and keto-products? Ketosis is a biological process in which the body is in a metabolic state where it burns stored body fat for energy when glucose levels are low. This is a little fact you can use to manipulate your body for f faster weight loss results. How? When your body is starved, it turns to the stored body fat for fuel. This is the same metabolic pathway that is simulated during ketosis except that you don’t have to starve yourself for the body to follow this metabolic pathway. In order to achieve ketosis, people follow the low-carb diet hence protein intake remains the same and protein levels are maintained without loss of muscle.
Advantages of a ketogenic diet.
- You don’t have to starve yourself. A common misconception associated with dieting is that you have to eat very little in order to achieve your desired result. Not true at all! Starving your body only leads to cravings hence you might end up eating a lot more than you should. The trick is always in playing around with your food in order to get the most out of your diet without starving the body. A ketogenic diet allows you to be able to eat well and still achieve your weight loss goals.
- Weight loss is faster with a ketogenic diet. Studies show that people on low-fat diets lose weight at a slower rate than people on low-carb diets. This is because in a low-carb diet, insulin levels are lowered due to loss of excess water resulting in rapid weight loss without starving the body.
- A low-carb diet can also be therapeutic for individuals suffering from brain disorders. This is because a large portion of the brain burns ketones.
- Levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) decreases because of increment in their size hence there is a less amount of I in the blood stream.
- Ketogenic diets reverse the symptoms of metabolic syndrome hence reducing the risk of diabetes 2 and heart disease.
- Low-carb diets help to reduce blood pressure hence reducing the risk of many heart related diseases.
- When you reduce the intake of carbohydrates blood sugar and insulin levels are also reduced which may treat type 2 diabetes.
- Cutting down carbohydrates from the diet can automatically reduce appetite and the intake of calories.
- Abdominal fat causes serious metabolic problems. Low carb diets tend to assist in reducing abdominal fat hence solving some metabolic problems.
- The risk of heart diseases is reduced due to low consumption of carbohydrates which lowers levels of triglycerides.
Keto supplement that promotes ketosis.
You can help induce ketosis in the body without starving yourself. There are keto supplements that can aid in achieving weight loss faster while also giving you that energy boost. Weight loss can be achieved as long as the individual stays on course and they follow healthy guidelines for losing weight. Below is a bonus recommendation that is highly effective and can be combined with the above methods for guaranteed and effective weight loss. There is an easy way to burn fat. When your body is in ketosis, it is burning fat cells for energy instead of carbs as mentioned earlier. Try Purefit KETO to kickstart ketosis!